Thursday, March 12, 2009

Intangible

Illusive as my thoughts,
Fleeting as a moment,
She winds up in my dreams,
Where she is safe and secure
Away from my fears, unable to fall

She's quiet and shy,
I sometimes wonder why,
She's always as bright as the stars in the sky

She speaks without words,
Yet they are as clear to me as crystal,
I hold onto her like a doll,
One made of porcelain

She gathers adoration and places it like a foundation,
Brick by brick, making it secure, making a wall,
Almost as if she is afraid to fall

Fall away from me, unable to be returned,
Again I am afraid, afraid to be burned

Scared of the loss, scarred by the thought,
All that I have gone through has all been for naught

Everyday a different deal,
Another day filled with feelings I didn't want to feel,
Live and let live... isn't that what they say?
Wonder if I can live like that day after day?

June 8, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment